Friday, June 28, 2013

Will He Say Yes? Part 1

Author’s Note: This was wrote about a funeral director I had a crush on while I was exposed to a group he was part of. Since The Crypt will be featuring all of my funeral related posts, I figured this would work well here. Stay tuned for part 2 and perhaps some day part 3!

Will he say yes? My heart starts thumping in my chest, slamming against my chest as I go to hit the send button for the email I’m about to send. Will he respect my feelings or turn them away? Time will only tell. Does he even know who I am? I see you almost every day, for one reason or another, but do you notice me? Do you notice that when I’m around you, I turn into a shy little girl, blushing like mad when I see you, and my heart fluttering like a butterfly when I hear your voice? That anytime I talk to you in a room full of people, I’m shy…almost distant from you in fear of making the wrong mistake?

Be still my heart, only time will tell if we are meant to go further in this game know as a relationship, a game of love.

“Hit the button, send the email!” my heart is screaming at me, while my mind is saying, “Don’t do it. You’ll only be hurt again. Listen to reason, don’t hit that button.”

Wait…wait till you’re sure…wait…wait for the dawn…for day to break…

Don’t wait…wait to long…he will be gone

“SEND IT!!!” my heart is on overload. “DON’T LISTEN TO YOUR BRAIN FOR ONCE, GO WITH THE HEART!”

Finished writing the email, sit back and read it…take the mouse and click send.



Now, will he say yes???
© Victoria Shea, 20 April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment